77 easy switches to live more sustainably and reduce waste
29th May 2020
I’ve been exploring ways of more sustainable living for some time now. I’m a firm believer that little steps can help! Many of us are already time poor. Whether that is through work, family or other commitments, it can feel overwhelming to take on yet another thing! So these are my 77 easy switches to live more sustainably.
1. Use a bamboo toothbrush which is biodegradable.
2. Remember to recycle toilet tubes and toiletries bottles. Both easy switches to live more sustainably.
3. Switch to buying recycled toilet roll.
4. Don’t use disposable razors. Choose one that you can replace the blades on.
5. Use a shaving foam bar rather than a canister.
6. Don’t leave the tap running when you are brushing your teeth; only use what you need.
7. Even better, before brushing, wet your brush and fill a glass for rinsing your mouth.
8. Swap to biodegradable dental floss.
9. If you use moist wipes (I do with my toddler) then make sure they are flushable and plastic free. I can recommend Natracare.
10. By running your bath just an inch shorter than usual, you can save on average 5 litres of water. Or take a shorter shower. Nice and easy switches to live more sustainably.