If you’re looking for a change from tea, coffee or hot choccie on these cold days and nights, try my Cosy Toes Spiced Apple Juice recipe. It’ll give you a warm glow and with just the right amount of sweetness and spice, it’s like a big cuddle in a mug.
This will make two glasses so just double up the ingredients to make four.
You will need:
- 500ml apple juice (I used Waitrose essentials and this did the job perfectly)
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 pieces orange peel, each around 1 inch long
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Add the apple juice, cinnamon and orange peel to a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over a low heat.
- Once simmering, add the spoon of honey. You can always add more later if you want to add extra sweetness.
- Continue to warm the drink for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes before pouring into mugs and serving.
- Drink and be merry.
For a cheeky alcoholic version, add a shot of Jack Daniels into the simmering juice about a minute before you turn the heat off. This will no doubt give you an extra warm feeling! I’m already planning to indulge in these during autumnal evenings in the garden.