This tasty meal doesn’t require much preparation so it’s great for a midweek meal. I always use Unearthed Chorizo these days, as their chorizo doesn’t contain any nitrates, which is a huge benefit over similar products. Also, it tastes great and the cost is only marginally higher than other brands.
For two people you’ll need:
- 150g pasta (this might seem a smallish portion for two people, but with all the other ingredients it’s a really filling meal)
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper
- 1 pack Unearthed Chorizo (of course any other brand will be fine but this would always be my first choice)
- 1 pack low fat mozzarella
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and bring a pan of water (enough to cook the pasta) to the boil in a saucepan.
- Chop the peppers into large chunks, the chorizo into slices (about 1cm thick) and the mozzarella into medium sized pieces.
- Put the peppers into a baking dish, drizzle with a little olive oil and shake the dish to spread the oil over the peppers. Pop it into the pre-heated oven. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta for approx. 10 minutes until it is al dente. Once you’re happy with it take it off the heat and drain it. Remove the peppers from the oven (they should be have softened slightly) and add the pasta to the baking dish. Stir the peppers and pasta together.
- Add the chorizo, two thirds of the mozzarella and the tin of chopped tomatoes to the pasta. Give it a good stir to mix up the ingredients.
- Spread out the final pieces of mozzarella onto the top of the pasta. Put the pasta dish into the oven for around 15 minutes until the mozzarella has melted and the pasta has crisped slightly on the top.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
This is also tasty the next day warmed up in the microwave if you have any leftovers.